I feel that many things, people and events leave a lasting imprint on who we are

Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Conclusions....

Through this course, and my research on these topics, I have learned that things are not always black and white.  I think that because my husband is an officer I have seen the bad guy as the enemy.  As I have taken a deeper look, I have seen that there are many reasons why people make the choice to join a gang or live a life of crime.  Many seek a place to belong, some need a way out of their current situation, and others simply do it to survive.  If we take a deeper look we are able to be more open minded and have more empathy for the person and their situation.  Maybe if we are able to do that, we can come up with better solutions to fight the gang problem and prison over crowding.

No comments:

Post a Comment